The authors received no extra-institutional funding associated with the present report, and the authors declare that there were no conflicts of interest.
1. Dunn JK, Dennis R, Houlton JEF. Successful treatment of two cases of metaphyseal osteomyelitis in the dog. J Small Anim Pract 1992;33:85–89.
2. Rabillard M, Souchu L, Niebauer GW, et al. Haematogenous osteomyelitis: clinical presentation and outcome in three dogs. Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol 2011;24:146–150.
3. Franklin MA, Rochat MC, Broaddus KD. Hypertrophic osteodystrophy of the proximal humerus in two dogs. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2008;44:342–346.
4. Langley-Hobbs SJ, Carmichael S, Lamb CR, et al. Polyostotic lymphoma in a young dog: a case report and literature review. J Small Anim Pract 1997;38:412–416.
5. Riser WH. Radiographic differential diagnosis of skeletal diseases of young dogs. Vet Radiol Ultrasound 1964;5:15–27.
6. Lee CH, Lin WC, Chia JH, et al. Community-acquired osteomyelitis caused by Chryseobacterium meningosepticum: case report and literature review. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 2008;60:89–93.
7. Zamora L, Vela AI, Palacios MA, et al. First isolation and characterization of Chryseobacterium shigense from rainbow trout. BMC Vet Res 2012;8:77.