The authors thank the Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University for providing the image of the karyotype in Figure 2; Dr. Joseph Newton for providing Figure 3; and Dr. Eric Pailhoux and Marjolaine André for assistance with genotyping.
1. Pailhoux E, Vigier B, Chaffaux S, et al. A 11.7-kb deletion triggers intersexuality and polledness in goats. Nat Genet 2001; 29: 453–458.
2. Boulanger L, Pannetier M, Gall L, et al. FOXL2 is a female sex-determining gene in the goat. Curr Biol 2014; 24: 404–408.
3. Pannetier M, Elzaiat M, Thepot D, et al. Telling the story of XX sex reversal in the goat: highlighting the sex-crossroad in domestic mammals. Sex Dev 2012; 6: 33–45.
4. Pailhoux E, Vigier B, Schibler L, et al. Positional cloning of the PIS mutation in goats and its impact on understanding mammalian sex-differentiation. Genet Sel Evol 2005; 37 (suppl 1): S55–S64.
6. King WW, Young ME, Fox ME. Multiple congenital genitourinary anomalies in a polled goat. Contemp Top Lab Anim Sci 2002; 41: 39–42.