Search Results

You are looking at 1 - 10 of 27 items for :

  • "intestinal gas" x
  • Refine by Access: All Content x
Clear All

inflammatory disorder with the small intestines encased by a thick fibrotic membrane, 4 should be put into the differential list. The radiographic characteristics are less specific, including abnormal intestinal gas distribution, abdominal distension, and

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

secondary large intestinal gas distension. Of the 228 equids, 173 (76%) were treated medically only, while the remaining 55 (24%) underwent colic surgery ( Figure 1 ). Of the 173 medically treated cases, 30 were rolled under general anesthesia for attempted

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

portion of the abdomen ( Figure 2 ). Figure 2— Same radiographic images as in Figure 1 . There is evidence of 2 metallic gastric foreign bodies visible in both radiographic views. In addition, there is an obstructive small intestinal gas pattern and

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

as an indicator of small intestinal obstruction. 3 The amount of small intestinal gas, gas patterns, and plication of intestines have been used as radiographic indicators of intestinal disease in dogs and cats. 4–6 Little is known of any secondary

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

in ultrasonography. Intestinal gas and ingesta can obstruct an ultrasonographic image, resulting in an ultrasound not being able to rule out an intestinal foreign body. 4 This case also highlights a limitation of abdominal FAST scans. While ileus and

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

small-intestinal foreign bodies, especially radiolucent ones. 6,7 The ultrasonographic identification of gastrointestinal foreign bodies, however, can be difficult as a result of the presence of intraluminal intestinal gas. 6 Also, operator experience

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

animals is usually possible on the basis of 1 or more of the following findings on routine thoracic radiography: loss of diaphragmatic line, cardiac outline obscured, increased opacity of ventral aspect of the lung field, intestinal gas shadows in the

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

would not have been appropriate for screening for a bladder or urethral rupture, as escaping gas may be misinterpreted as intestinal gas. 4 The interventional radiology techniques described in this case enabled real-time visualization of each stage of

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

and the association between location of enteroliths and degree of intestinal gas distension were assessed by use of χ 2 tests of association or the Fisher exact test. The McNemar test was used to assess the nature of the disagreement between presence

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

gastric and intestinal gas. One dog, a 4-month-old male Weimaraner, had an abdominal hernia that was scheduled for repair at the time of castration. Clinical and physical examination findings at the time of hospital admission were recorded for all 13

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association