Search Results

You are looking at 81 - 90 of 115 items for :

  • "emergency room" x
  • Refine by Access: All Content x
Clear All

purposes in veterinary patients ( Figure 7 ). 27 These tubes can be placed via palpation alone or with fluoroscopic or ultrasound guidance and can be placed in an emergency room setting. Figure 7— Radiographic and fluoroscopic images obtained during

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

in an emergency room or in an area not specifically dedicated to surgical procedures. General anesthesia was required for the surgical procedures in 88% of patients (138/157), with the remaining 12% (19/157) requiring moderate to heavy sedation to

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

estimating national rates of animal bites have focused on bites from a single species (eg, dog bites), with bites from all animals in total accounting for approximately 125 to 135 of every 100,000 emergency room visits. 12,13 Fewer studies have examined risk

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

Introduction Urethral obstruction in cats is a common emergency accounting for approximately 10% of emergency room visits. 1 Treatment of UO involves IV administration of fluids and medications to correct tissue perfusion abnormalities and

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

Software, Ostend, Belgium. d. Kulhavy DA, Lisciandro G. Use of a lung ultrasound examination (Vet BLUE) to screen for metastatic lung nodules in the emergency room (abstr). J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2015;25:S14. References 1. Canning BJ

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

emergency room . Clin Pediatr (Phila) 2013 ; 52 : 593 – 598 . 10.1177/0009922813483001 32. Li SF Haber M . Patient attitudes toward emergency physician attire . J Emerg Med 2005 ; 29 : 1 – 3 . 10.1016/j.jemermed.2004.12.014 33. Gosling

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

response. In fact, warfarin is the leading cause of drug-related emergency room visits among the elderly and the subject of a Food and Drug Administration black-box warning about the risk for excessive bleeding. Dr. Epstein's study, appearing March 30 in

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

gastroesophageal reflux disease . J Clin Biochem Nutr . 2007 ; 40 ( 1 ): 13 - 23 . doi: 10.3164/jcbn.40.13 38. Benjamin SE , Drobatz KJ . Retrospective evaluation of risk factors and treatment outcome predictors in cats presenting to the emergency room

Open access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

broken down into 6 concise chapters, with topics ranging from prevention of various toxicoses to prevention of common digestive problems. Each chapter contains light-hearted illustrations and details about actual emergency room cases. Written for dog

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association

emergency veterinarian at Southeast Veterinary Referral Center/The Pet Emergency Room in Miami. Earlier, she practiced at Banfield Pet Hospital in Miami, at Knowles Animal Hospital in Miami, and as a relief veterinarian in London. She earned master’s degrees

Full access
in Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association