1. Tomasi SE, Fechter-Leggett ED, Edwards NT, et al. Suicide among veterinarians in the United States from 1979 through 2015. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2019;254:104–112.
1. Roberts SE, Jaremin B, Lloyd K. High-risk occupations for suicide. Psychol Med 2013;43:1231–1240.
2. Joiner TE Jr, Van Orden KA. The interpersonal–psychological theory of suicidal behavior indicates specific and crucial psychotherapeutic targets. Int J Cogn Ther 2008;1:80–89.
3. AVMA. Wellbeing and peer assistance. Available at: www.avma.org/professionaldevelopment/peerandwellness/Pages/default.aspx. Accessed Jan 24, 2019.
4. AVMA. Wellbeing gatekeeper training for veterinarians. Available at: www.avma.org/ProfessionalDevelopment/PeerAndWellness/Pages/Wellness-Gatekeeper-Training-for-Veterinarians.aspx. Accessed Jan 24, 2019.
Follow the AVMA
Subscribe to newsletters
© 2022 American Veterinary Medical Association. All rights reserved.
Powered by KGL PubFactory
Character limit 500/500