1. Phillips SC, Hedge Z, Peralta JM. The role of private practitioners in reducing numbers of homeless dogs and cats and shelter euthanasia rates. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2018;253:404–408.
2. Barrows PL. Professional, ethical, and legal dilemmas of trap-neuter-release. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2004;225:1365–1369.
3. Roberto, P. Whose right to live? The cat rescue movement vs wildlife defenders. California Coast and Ocean 1995;11:31–40.
4. Loss SR, Will T, Marra PP. The impact of free-ranging domestic cats on wildlife of the United States. Nat Commun 2013;4:1396.
5. Foley P, Foley J, Levy J, et al. Analysis of the impact of trap-neuter-release programs on populations of feral cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2005;277:1775–1781.
6. Longcore T, Rich C, Sullivan LM. Critical assessment of claims regarding management of feral cats by trap-neuter-return. Conserv Biol 2009;23:887–894.
7. Nutter FB, Stoskopf MK, Levine JF. Time and financial costs of programs for live trapping feral cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2004;225:1403–1405.
2. Fox MW. Decreasing the population of homeless dogs and cats (lett). J Am Vet Med Assoc 2018;253:844.
3. Spehar DD, Wolf PJ. A case study in citizen science: the effectiveness of a trap-neuter-return program in a Chicago neighborhood. Animals (Basel) 2018;8:14.
4. Spehar DD, Wolf PJ. An examination of an iconic trap-neuter-return program: the Newburyport, Massachusetts case study. Animals (Basel) 2017;7:11.
5. Faunalytics. New survey reveals widespread support for trap-neuter-return. Available at: faunalytics.org/new-survey-reveals-widespread-support-for-trap-neuter-return/. Accessed Oct 11, 2018.
6. The AP-Petside.com poll. Available at: surveys.ap.org/data%5CGfK%5CAP-Petside%20com%20October%202011%20Pets%20Topline%20FINAL_Shelter.pdf. Accessed Oct 11, 2018.
1. Cima G. Specialists in short supply. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2018;253:964–968.
1. Cima G. Unusual pet diets may be linked to heart disease. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2018;253:256.
2. AVMA. Animal food recalls and alerts. Available at: www.avma.org/News/Issues/recalls-alerts/Pages/pet-food-safety-recalls-alerts.aspx. Accessed Oct 11, 2018.
Follow the AVMA
Subscribe to newsletters
© 2022 American Veterinary Medical Association. All rights reserved.
Powered by KGL PubFactory
Character limit 500/500