1. Cornell KK, Bostwick DG, Cooley DM, et al. Clinical and pathologic aspects of spontaneous canine prostate carcinoma: a retrospective analysis of 76 cases. Prostate 2000;45:173–183.
2. Bell FW, Klausner J, Hayden DW, et al. Clinical and pathologic features of prostatic adenocarcinoma in sexually intact and castrated dogs: 31 cases (1970–1987). J Am Vet Med Assoc 1991;199:1623–1630.
3. Durham SK, Dietze AE. Prostatic adenocarcinoma with and without metastasis to bone in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1986;188:1432–1436.
4. Lawrence JA, Saba CF. Tumors of the male reproductive system. In: Withrow SJ, Vail DM, Page RL, eds. Withrow & MacEwen's small animal clinical oncology. 5th ed. St Louis: Elsevier Inc, 2013;557–571.
5. Cooley DM, Waters DJ. Skeletal metastasis as the initial clinical manifestation of metastatic carcinoma in 19 dogs. J Vet Intern Med 1998;12:288–293.
6. Colledge SL, Raskin RE, Messick JB, et al. Multiple joint metastasis of a transitional cell carcinoma in a dog. Vet Clin Pathol 2013;42:216–220.
7. Meinkoth JH, Rochat MC, Cowell RL. Metastatic carcinoma presenting as hind-limb lameness: diagnosis by synovial fluid cytology. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 1997;33:325–328.
8. Lowseth LA, Herbert RA, Muggenburg BA, et al. What is your diagnosis? Vet Clin Pathol 1989;18:88–89.
Dr. Shaffer's present address is PETS Referral Center, 1048 University Ave, Berkeley, CA 94710.
Dr. Fazio's present address is Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996.
Dr. Kuzma's present address is Boren Veterinary Medical Hospital, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078.
Follow the AVMA
Subscribe to newsletters
© 2022 American Veterinary Medical Association. All rights reserved.
Powered by KGL PubFactory
Character limit 500/500