1. Nandi S, De U, Chowdhury S. Review: current status of contagious ecthyma or orf disease in goat and sheep—a global perspective. Small Rumin Res 2011;96:73–82.
2. Gokce HI, Woldehiwet Z. Ehrlichia (Cytoecetes) phagocytophila predisposes to severe contagious ecthyma (orf) in lambs. J Comp Pathol 1999;121:227–240.
3. de la Concha-Bermejillo A, Guo J, Zhang Z, et al. Severe persistent orf in young goats. J Vet Diagn Invest 2003;15:423–431.
4. Smith GW, Scherba G, Constable P, et al. Atypical parapoxvirus infection in sheep. J Vet Intern Med 2002;16:287–292.
5. Karakas A, Turhan V, Kücükodac Z. Human orf: report of two cases. Turk Silahli Kuvvetleri Koruyucu Hekim Bul 2010;9:551–552.
Dr. Avra's present address is Brentwood Family Pet Care, 4421-A Balfour Rd, Brentwood, CA 94513.
Follow the AVMA
Subscribe to newsletters
© 2022 American Veterinary Medical Association. All rights reserved.
Powered by KGL PubFactory
Character limit 500/500