1. da Silva CA, Monnet E. Long-term outcome of dogs treated surgically for idiopathic chylothorax: 11 cases (1995–2009). J Am Vet Med Assoc 2011;239:107–113.
2. Lafond E, Weirich WE, Salisbury SK. Omentalization of the thorax for treatment of idiopathic chylothorax with constrictive pleuritis in a cat. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2002;38:74–78.
3. Talavera J, Agut A, Fernandez del Palacio J, et al. Thoracic omentalization for long-term management of neoplastic pleural effusion in a cat. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2009;234:1299–1302.
4. Hosgood G. The omentum—the forgotten organ: physiology and potential surgical applications in dogs and cats. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet 1990;12:45–50.
5. Huyghe S, de Rooster H, Doom M, et al. The microscopic structure of the omentum in healthy dogs: the mystery unraveled. Anat Histol Embryol 2016;45:209–218.
Dr. Spears' present address is BluePearl Veterinary Partners, 29080 Inkster Rd, Southfield, MI 48034. Dr. White's present address is Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50010.
Follow the AVMA
Subscribe to newsletters
© 2022 American Veterinary Medical Association. All rights reserved.
Powered by KGL PubFactory
Character limit 500/500