1. Dohoo IR, Martin W, Stryhn HE. Screening and diagnostic tests. In: Dohoo IR, Martin W, Stryhn HE, eds. Veterinary epidemiologic research. 2nd ed. Charlottetown, PE, Canada: VER Inc, 2009;92–127.
2. Attia J. Moving beyond sensitivity and specificity: using likelihood ratios to help interpret diagnostic tests. Aust Prescr 2003;26:111–113.
3. Grimes DA, Schulz KF. Refining clinical diagnosis with likelihood ratios. Lancet 2005;365:1500–1505.
4. Kulkarni UP. The Bayesian clinician. J Postgrad Med 2007;53:267–269.
5. Fagan TJ. Letter: nomogram for Bayes theorem. N Engl J Med 1975;293:257.
6. Boulay G, Francoz D, Doré E, et al. Preoperative cow-side lactatemia measurement predicts negative outcome in Holstein dairy cattle with right abomasal disorders. J Dairy Sci 2014;97:212–221.
7. O'Connor A, Evans RB. Critically appraising studies reporting assessing diagnostic tests. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 2007;37:487–497.
8. Buczinski S, O'Connor AM. Specific challenges in conducting and reporting studies on the diagnostic accuracy of ultrasonography in bovine medicine. Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract 2016;32:1–18.
9. Phelps MA, Levitt A. Pretest probability estimates: a pitfall to the clinical utility of evidence-based medicine? Acad Emerg Med 2004;11:692–694.
Follow the AVMA
Subscribe to newsletters
© 2022 American Veterinary Medical Association. All rights reserved.
Powered by KGL PubFactory
Character limit 500/500