1. Pailhoux E, Vigier B, Chaffaux S, et al. A 11.7-kb deletion triggers intersexuality and polledness in goats. Nat Genet 2001; 29: 453–458.
2. Boulanger L, Pannetier M, Gall L, et al. FOXL2 is a female sex-determining gene in the goat. Curr Biol 2014; 24: 404–408.
3. Pannetier M, Elzaiat M, Thepot D, et al. Telling the story of XX sex reversal in the goat: highlighting the sex-crossroad in domestic mammals. Sex Dev 2012; 6: 33–45.
4. Pailhoux E, Vigier B, Schibler L, et al. Positional cloning of the PIS mutation in goats and its impact on understanding mammalian sex-differentiation. Genet Sel Evol 2005; 37 (suppl 1): S55–S64.
5. Eaton O. An anatomical study of hermaphrodism in goats. Am J Vet Res 1943; 4: 333–343.
6. King WW, Young ME, Fox ME. Multiple congenital genitourinary anomalies in a polled goat. Contemp Top Lab Anim Sci 2002; 41: 39–42.
Dr. Armstrong's present address is Department of Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803.
Follow the AVMA
Subscribe to newsletters
© 2022 American Veterinary Medical Association. All rights reserved.
Powered by KGL PubFactory
Character limit 500/500