1. Klein MK. Tumors of the female reproductive system. In: Withrow WS, Vail M, Page R, eds. Withrow and MacEwen's small animal clinical oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Co, 2012; 610–618.
2. Musal B, Tuna B. Surgical therapy of complicated uterine stump pyometra in five bitches: a case report. Vet Med Czech 2005; 11: 558–562.
3. Oduye OO, Ikede BO, Esuruoso GO, et al. Metastatic transmissible venereal tumour in dogs. J Small Anim Pract 1973; 14: 625–637.
4. Rogers KS, Walker MA, Dillon HB. Transmissible venereal tumor: a retrospective study of 29 cases. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 1998; 34: 463–470.
5. Mukaratirwa S, Gruys E. Canine transmissible venereal tumour: cytogenetic origin, immunophenotype, and immunobiology. A review. Vet Q 2003; 25: 101–111.
Dr. Donald Thrall's present address is College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina, State University, NC 27695.
Dr Jones' present address is Veterinary Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843.