1. McEntee K. Cervix, vagina, and vulva. In: McEntee K, ed. Reproductive pathology of domestic mammals. San Diego: Academic Press Inc, 1990; 191–223.
2. Blue MG. Genital injuries from mating in the mare. Equine Vet J 1985; 17: 297–299.
3. Blanchard TL, Macpherson ML. Postparturient abnormalities. In: Samper JC, Pycock JF, McKinnon AO, eds. Current therapy in equine reproduction. St Louis: Saunders Elsevier, 2007; 465–475.
4. Hinchcliff KW, MacWilliams PS, Wilson DG. Seminoperitoneum and peritonitis in a mare. Equine Vet J 1988; 20: 71–73.
5. Tulleners EP, Richardson DW, Reid BV. Vaginal evisceration of the small intestine in three mares. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1985; 186: 385–387.
6. Delling U, Stoebe S & Brehm W. Hand-assisted laparoscopic adhesiolysis of extensive small intestinal adhesions in a mare after breeding injury. Equine Vet Educ 2012; 24; 545–551.
Dr. Dymock's present address is Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606.
Follow the AVMA
Subscribe to newsletters
© 2022 American Veterinary Medical Association. All rights reserved.
Powered by KGL PubFactory
Character limit 500/500